🏫 > Education & work experience
- 💡 | 2019 – Now | Machine Learning Research Scientist, LightOn. LightOn is funding my Ph.D.
- 🎓 | 2019 – Now | Industrial Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, École Normale Supérieure, Paris. "Beyond backpropagation: alternative training methods for neural networks".
- 🌍 | 2018 – 2019 | M.Sc. in Climate Science, École Polytechnique, Palaiseau.
- 🇭🇰 | 2017 – 2018 | Visiting research student, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon. "Machine learning for solar engineering".
- 🌡️ | 2015 – 2019 | M.Sc. in Thermal Engineering, École Normale Supérieure, Paris-Saclay.
📘 > Publications
See my publications page or my Google Scholar profile.
My research has appeared in news outlets such as VentureBeat, as well as in Yannic Kilcher videos.
👨🏫 > Outreach
- 🎤 | December 2020 | Autodesk AI Lab Sharing Session. Virtual. Speaker. Learning and Scaling Beyond Backpropagation and Beyond Silicon.
- 🎤 | December 2020 | Paris Machine Learning "Les Déjeuners NeurIPS". Virtual. Speaker. Direct Feedback Alignment: Scaling and Perspectives.
- 🔀 | December 2019 | Workshop on the Future of Random Matrices #4. LightOn, Paris. Organizer.
- 🔀 | May 2019 | Workshop on the Future of Random Matrices #3. LightOn, Paris. Speaker. Principled Training of Neural Networks with Direct Feedback Alignment.
- 🛥️ | June 2019 | MOOSE-GE scientific campaign. Mediterranean Sea, Thalassa vessel, 2 weeks. Science crew member. Double-Diffusive Processes in the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- ⛅ | April 2019 | Workshop on climate/weather model calibration and uncertainty quantification. Météo-France, Toulouse, 1 week. Attendee.
- 🎤 | January 2017 | Paris Machine Learning Meetup S5E4. Paris. Speaker. Cracking Crack Mechanics with GANs.
- 🎤 | December 2017 | TensorFlow Paris Meetup. Paris. Speaker. Lifelike Concrete Cracking Patterns using TensorFlow & GANs.
🎫 > Beyond academia
- 🤿 | Diving. I am a passionate DIR diver, and I am working towards a GUE Fundamentals technical pass. I have a strong interest in cave and exploration diving. I am also preparing a FFESM N3 licence (down to 60m depth), and a E1 instructor licence (teaching down to 8m depth).
- 👨🏻🍳 | Cooking. In particular sous-vide cooking, new cookery, and holistic cuisine. I am currently cooking my way through the Fat Duck Cookbook & the Eleven Madison Park cookbooks.
- 🗺️ | Travel/adventures. In 2016, I drove 3,000km on a rickshaw in India, going from Shillong to Kochi, and raised 2,000€ for Cool Earth. In 2018, I took a motorbike around Java, Bali, and Lombok in Indonesia. I have also done roadtrips in Yucatán, Taiwan, Vietnam, Iceland, and Europe. In 2021, I will pass my paramotoring certification in Portugal, and take a rickshaw to the Himalayas.